Saturday, March 5, 2011

$ave o n Gas!!!

My name is Kevin Martini and I am a mortgage banker with SunTrust Mortgage here in Raleigh, NC. This morning, I just posted on my video blog which is located at www.MartiniFactor.com and thought to share the written word here too.

I feel like I’m giving an arm, a leg & my first born - when I have to fill up my car. So I did a little research and thought I would share. So I have three things to help you save on gas mileage today.

The first one, the big myth, that if you leave your car running when you go in somewhere it is cheaper to leave it running than it is to come back and start it back up is NOT true. They say that if you’re going to be in some place more than a minute, to shut your car off and turn it back on. It is more economical to do it that way.

Number two – if you have several errands to run, one here, one there, another somewhere else, it is better to run your car when it is warm so start with the errand that is the furthest away and then work your way back towards home.

Number three – make it a game. Have fun with it. It’s amazing how much money you can save when you actually concentrate on your gas mileage when you’re driving to work or traveling or whatever. If you go to budurl.com/gasmileage it will show you a super simple way to figure out your gas mileage. Just keep it on a note card in your car and every time you get gas see what it is. You’ll be amazed at how much money you can save by just focusing on it. And with gas prices going up, that’s a huge deal!!

I trust you found this helpful information on securing a mortgage in the Triangle of North Carolina (i.e. Raleigh area to include Cary, NC) – I invite you to call or visit my video blog @ www.MartiniFactor.com…because at the end of the day – it is not just a house, it is a home!

No comments: